Thursday, January 14, 2010

Give Something, Get Something

I have a nice home. I have a wonderful husband. I have a great family, great pets, great friends, and a fulfilling job. I have yarn and knitting needles. And sometimes I bitch about not having things I want. I'm not going to bitch about that today.

I have sold exactly 4 copies of the Mayberry Sock pattern, and I just donated it all ($20) to Mercy Corps. Through January 31, 2010, I will donate all additional proceeds from sales of the pattern to Mercy Corps.

Or, send me an e-mail at sarah.castor@gmail.com and tell me where you donated this month (you don't have to tell me how much), and I will send you the pattern for free.
We're working on the honor system here, I'm sure you're good for it.

Choose your favorite option.

Donate anywhere you like, it doesn't have to be for international aid, and it doesn't have to be for Haiti. So much money will be going to Haiti that other places will probably have to go without, so I would encourage you (if you have the option) to let the organization use your donation wherever the need is greatest, whether that is in your own community or in another country. But choose whatever works for you.

There are probably like 5 people checking this blog now, so pass it along if you feel like it. I'm going to walk the dog and think about what a great life I lead.

No comments: