Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cat and the hat (and a bear and some socks)

Knit, knit, knit...

I'm doing a great job of clearing out all my old stash yarns.



Details:
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted in Deep Charcoal, about 1/2 a skein
Pattern: Kate from the 2005/6 Knitty
Needles: US size 9 dpns
Comments: Completed in one evening, baby! I don't have size 8 dpns (I know, me not having a certain size of needles?!?), so I used size 9's and the fabric is a little thinner than it should be, but I didn't feel like using the Magic Loop method with the circular. I also added some whiskers and a tail. Pretty cool pattern!

Another stuffed toy:

Details:
Yarn: Dale Tiur, about 1/2 a ball
Pattern: Cashmere Teddy Bear from Erica Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies
Needles: US size 5 (I think?)
Comments: I knit these pieces a year ago (again, I think?). I even sewed them together, but by the time I got the stuffing, I was tired of it. I pulled him out of the storage ottoman Monday and finished him off. He turned out pretty cute. I like knitting stuffed toys.

A hat:

Details:
Yarn: Leftover Classic Elite Gatsby
Pattern: None, it's just a hat
Needles: US size 10 dpns
Comments: I had just one measly little ball leftover from the Hot Lava Cardigan I made last year (and forgot to show you - oops, maybe in the fall). And I actually still have a few yards left; I just can't seem to get rid of it!

Socks:

Details:
Yarn: Leftover Sock It To Me in red
Pattern: Braided Cable Baby socks from the Summer 2005 IK
Needles: US size 1 dpns
Comments: Holy crap, so cute! The picture doesn't really capture the saturated red color.

No comments: