Monday, March 06, 2006

I hope my sock pal is pleased

My socks for Sockapaloooza are finished! First one was started Friday before last, finished on Wednesday; second one was started this past Friday, and finished Sunday evening during my dinner/Oscars break from studying for my public exam. It's amazing how fast I knit when I'm stressed. They are shown here amidst my practice exams and scribblings. Let me tell you, tax incidence is a bitch.


Details:
Yarn: Dancing from Knitpicks.com in “Jig” color, 2 balls
Pattern: Gentleman’s Fancy Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Needles: US size 1, 4 dpns
Comments: I really liked this yarn. The pattern works well for variegated yarn, not too much stitchwork to get lost in.

A shot of the bottom, you can see the light blue pooling, which I really like:



One of the stitches close up:



And to prove that they are stretchy and fit more than just my midget feet:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to make this:

http://www.stuffonmycat.com/media/2/20060302-ISIS_JENN.jpg

Anonymous said...

very pretty, very complicated.
Ma

alison said...

They are stretchy - wow! What a funny picture. The socks look great!

Erin said...

those are so pretty!! I've been eyeing that pattern for a while now, and I just haven't gotten around to it yet! very, very pretty socks, your pal will be ecstatic!

SL said...

Thanks for all the great comments!

Jen said...

Great work! I made a pair of socks using the same yarn, same color, and I liked it as well. They make good summer socks.

kathy b said...

I love knitpicks. Great colorway. Your sockpal will be very happy I am sure. Fun to see your blog. I enjoy Alison's blue blog sock posts, even though I am sitting out this palooza round.

kathy b said...

I love knitpicks. Great colorway. Your sockpal will be very happy I am sure. Fun to see your blog. I enjoy Alison's blue blog sock posts, even though I am sitting out this palooza round.