
It's Classic Elite's Gatsby, a bulky wool "tweed" with rayon slubs. (Note: I didn't get it from Elann, but they have some stock of other colors.) I believe this is 4 or possibly 5 skeins of the "Aqua Ice" color, discontinued long ago, shortly after I bought it. About 94 yards each. It was back in the beginning of my return to knitting, and I didn't know about caluculating the amount of yarn needed to make a sweater or about buying enough to finish the project before the shade was discontinued. Well, actually I did know about buying enough to finish, but at $12.50 a skein, this was as much as I could afford at one time. I finished the front, back, part of a sleeve and a roll neck before running out, going to the yarn store and finding out there was no more to be had.
Obviously, I don't have enough to make a full sized sweater. I might have enough to make this sweater/shrug, maybe shortening the sleeve a little. But that's a maybe. It's too much for just a scarf. What else could I do with it? I welcome any and all suggestions. I'm also open to a swap if any of you would like to have it. It's great yarn. Just not enough of it.




No comments:
Post a Comment